Synthetic Or Natural Materials: The Debate Of The Decade
From the food in the grocery store to popular building materials, natural is in! But what does natural even mean, and is it always best for remodeling or roofing? As your master roofing contractor and remodeler, we'll help you discover the advantages of natural materials and what distinguishes them from synthetic materials.
At MasterCraft Contracting LLC, we believe the best choice of building materials is the materials best suited to your needs and expected use. We're a roofing contractor and remodeler with a wealth of experience that inspires the service we bring to customers. Sometimes natural materials like tile floors or clay roofing are best for your needs, but in many cases, synthetic materials might give you better longevity and bang for your buck.
- Natural doesn't always equal better, even when it comes to remodeling.
- We can install beautiful hardwood flooring that's natural and from a tree, but all this still requires man-made tools, machinery, fixtures, adhesives, etc.
- Synthetic materials are made from natural materials for the most part.
- Synthetics combine tools and resources with human ingenuity to create entirely new substances more suited to specialized building applications!
- We offer natural and synthetic options for roof replacement such as clay tile and asphalt shingle.
Synthetic Versus Natural: Which Is Right For You?
Natural materials like wood or stone are undeniably eye-catching. They have naturally occurring variations that produce a more refined texture with a living feel. But those unique variations that make them special may also carry higher price points or put structural strain on some homes. More variation in the natural material means the manufacturers have more imperfections to work around during production. For a remodeling and roofing process guided by experts who can simplify the synthetic vs. natural debate, call or complete our online request form!
- While most agree on natural materials' refined look, synthetic materials are more appropriate for some uses because of their uniformity and predictable characteristics, making them more resistant to some natural elements or types of wear and tear.
- Synthetics sometimes clean more "naturally" than natural materials!
- Synthetic flooring options like vinyl plank cleans easily with a natural solution of apple cider vinegar mixed with water.
- Synthetics are designed to be more resistant to some natural elements or types of wear and tear.
- Vinyl planking is extra resistant to mold and humidity, perfect for utility rooms!
Names Can Be Deceiving! What's "Natural" And What Isn't?
A long, long time ago until the mid-19th century, most building and roofing materials were made with what we'd consider "natural" materials. However, that certainly didn't necessarily make these homes better than modern homes. There have been significant innovations in construction materials and technology in the past century. Thanks to modern technology and innovation, we can enjoy synthetics' benefits where necessary while blending them with natural materials for a complete look with great function and feel. You can have the best of both worlds when you pick the suitable materials for the right reasons!
Roof Tips & Articles
Synthetic Versus Natural Choices For Remodeling And Roofing
From the food in the grocery store to popular building materials, natural is in! But what does natural even mean, and is it always best for remodeling or roofing? As your master roofing contractor and remodeler, we'll help you discover the advantages of natural materials and […]
Thinking Tools For Remodeling
Are you wanting a home remodel but struggling to have visions full of detail? Don't worry you aren't alone! We've built some thinking tools and prompts so you can begin refining those dream remodels with details that will help bring them to life and make sure […]